Friday 2 January 2015

New Year's Day 2015

A happy new year to you all!

The first of January is not a day many people see, and I am sorry to say I had overindulged on the Prosecco the night before, so was feeling slightly dodgy and wobbly on that Thursday morning.  But, I thought - kill or cure, and armed with my new 'selfie stick' set off with Bob to meet at the 'Pond' (in Christleton)

Ha ha new dimension with selfie stick for start group photo!
(I know I am a bit bright - still had camera set on indoor party mode from the night before!!)




 We follow a fairly straightforward route out - no cafe's are open, so we sometimes stop to re-gather troops just out of Tattenhall, so another opportunity for a photo (after I have taken another paracetamol, and drunk some more water.  Also a snack bar as I hadn't managed breakfast!!)


New Years day lanes - drab and glum, but still nice to be out with friends in the fresh air.

Chance to catch up on last year 's events and look forward to what is coming in 2015 


At The Carden Arms in Tilston there is a chance to meet up with Wrexham groups, and other riders we know across Chester such as Easy Riders.


Mike, our president (chair) usually announces some winners of the best lady and gent from the Tourist Competition held annually by CTC....

 

.....which is usually won by Lowri, due to outstanding riding through the year.

It must be noted that she rides in from RUTHIN even on New Years day.  She is such a star!
donated trophies







And Andy :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment